Wednesday, October 24th
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Hazelwood Elementary School
Businesses and non-profit organizations from around the Puget Sound will be on hand to help guide you with giveaways, displays, and useful family resources about:
- Products and services available from local businesses to help you get fit and be healthy, avoid injuries, and recover more quickly
- Preparing for emergencies this winter
- Safety techniques around power lines and natural gas
- Where to go in case of an emergency at home, or on the road
Emergency Pac will be there to help you be prepared before the rivers rise, the winds blow and the snow flies!
Here are three easy steps you can take to get ready:
- Create an emergency kit with at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food and water - OR purchase a ready-made Emergency Pac with supplies for your vehicle, home or business.
- Make a plan and practice with your family and those who depend on you.
- Stay informed and know the approaching weather so you are prepared for whatever Mother Nature tosses our way.
If you attend the Newcastle Health and Safety Fair on October 24th, you will also be able to:
- Talk to City and King County Library representatives
- Take a natural gas survey in order to enter to win a Red Cross Emergency Preparedness Backpack
- Create identification cards for the kids in your family
- Meet local teams who support your health and safety
Thank you to event sponsors: Newcastle Chamber of Commerce, Valley Medical Center, Puget Sound Energy and the Chiropractic Wellness Center and the other 20+ businesses and non-profit organizations that will be there!